Saturday, October 14, 2023

Raised in Plenty



I don't look down on anyone who is a tad or downright poor. I relate well to everyone, regardless of wealth. I don't envy those who are more gifted than me. Rather, I respect their talent. I don't deceive myself into thinking that there are no faults in me just because I'm a born-again Christian. This awareness and acceptance of my shortcomings as a human being enables me to actively address any flaws in my life in a timely manner and helps me develop a stronger sense of self and a wisdom of character.


I'm a work in progress.


I'm on either side of the bridge because I had an upbringing.

 

I was raised in plenty as a child, and I don't only mean materially. I was raised with a rich mindset as opposed to a poverty mentality, which always befalls those with shallow personalities. I was raised with principles that permeated my faith and every aspect of my life, along with deeply ingrained scruples. Morality that keeps me from giving in to any wild longings and enables me to say an unequivocal "no" to wrongdoing. I was taught the value of hard work and to identify with every class of people.


Giving a child money and material possessions does not equate to providing them with a sound upbringing.

 

Along with providing for your children, also inculcate in them the moral principles that will help them develop a more sophisticated and resilient character—a necessary quality for successfully navigating through life.

 

I am Damilola Ogunremi, author of "For Mums: Golden Guidelines for Raising Excellent Kids."

 

I wish you a happy parenting experience and a wonderful weekend! Let me know if you need any assistance or training with character coaching for your children.  ðŸ’šðŸ’¡

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Mother's Day

A mother's worth is incalculable and cannot be overstated. She gives up her wants and needs to ensure your happiness. Her presence in yo...